Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Where is my mind?

This morning, I had to take baby Z to the pediatrician for his 4 month well baby check. I dropped the other two off at playground camp and raced over there since we were running a little behind. I got baby Z out of the car, walked towards the entrance, and then paused. "Hmm," I thought. "Why does this feel weird?" Then I was trying to remember what floor of this big medical building the pediatrician's office was on. "My ob is on the 6th floor, the dentist on the 5th...Crap!" The pediatrician was in a completely separate location. That's why it felt weird. And we've been going to this ped for well over a year now. How can I do such things? My mind seems to have completely evaporated. My memory feels shot. I'm not even that old. I wonder what will happen to me in my old age.

By the way, Z has gone from the 30th percentile in weight to the 10th. And he is up to the 60th percentile in height. He is such a skinny scrawny little thing. But pretty darn cute!

No comments: