Thursday, July 17, 2008

visiting teaching messages

I don't like the way that visiting teaching messages are just an assortment of quotes somewhat related to each other, always placed at the back of the Ensign. It used to be that the visiting teaching message was the very last article before the Latter Day Voices, Random Sampler, and News of the Church. But not anymore. They have moved it up for some unknown reason, but it's still towards the end. There is never any unifying text, but it is just a collection of quotes based on some theme. I wonder why they don't have the General RS Presidency write a more meaty message.

And of course, I can't help but say: the home teaching message is always the first article of the Ensign every month. What does the relative placement of these say?

I glanced at the message this morning for the month before I went visiting teaching. I decided I didn't really like it and turned to the mini-bio of Elder Eyring. Lucky for me, my partner had some good things to say about the message. And I got to talk about Elder Eyring.

No comments: