Thursday, July 17, 2008

My messy house

We found out this week that we have to replace our AC. It's been such a mild summer, we've only turned it on a few times, but every time it hasn't really worked. We finally called someone to come take a look. And it's as old as this house and needs to be replaced.

So, I scheduled a bunch of sales people from various heating and cooling companies to come out and give me an estimate. Three today, three tomorrow.

The most annoying and manipulative of the salesmen (yes, they were all male) wanted to do an extra good job bothering me and supposedly coming up with the perfect size ac unit for our house. So, he took my home's measurements. From the laundry room with the shoes scattered all over the floor to my bedroom with the unmade bed, he saw it all. Ugh. Having him walk through a lot of the house made me see the clutter with new eyes. And I am not happy.

In my defense, it has been a crazy day and I have hardly been home. And when I was home, I was talking to ac salesmen or feeding baby Z. And I don't know how to get my kids to pick up their messes, which they are constantly making.

I'm so tired of the clutter. I need clutter busters...

1 comment:

andalucy said...

Wow! Six estimates?! I'm so impressed! I only did two when we replaced ours.

Isn't there ALWAYS something more meaningful to do than pick up other people's mess? That's my take on it. But yes, I agree it isn't fun to live in.