Tuesday, February 19, 2008

T - 25 days and T-14 days

3 1/2 weeks until my due date, March 4. Desired date of delivery: Feb 19, just over 2 weeks early. Seems unlikely. I went to the dr yesterday and absolutely nothing has started to happen.



Physical discomforts as almost 37 weeks pregnant:


  • Varicosity, multiple locations

  • Leg cramps (sometimes severe) in the middle of the night

  • Insomnia

  • Contributing to the above, middle of the night bathroom trips

  • And associated with the above, lots of bathroom trips during the day and reduced ability to "pee in a stream"

  • Gas

  • Weight gain, not from baby, making me feel chubby

  • Physical awkwardness, lumbering around

  • Swollen ankles

  • Sleepiness all the time

  • Ligament tenderness

Well, it's now Feb 19th. No sign of baby Sportacus yet, but when I went to the dr last Friday, I had progressed to 1 cm, 50 % effaced. I have another dr appt this Friday. I feel ready. Last week, I washed all the baby stuff. Yesterday, we got the "baby's room" (our closet) all ready. This consisted of cleaning out the closet, vacuuming, moving the laundry and a bunch of other stuff, and putting the baby basket in its spot. We also got the whole house cleaned up and vacuumed (my new vacuum is so great), and I packed my suitcase. I am ready to go to the hospital. Now, if my water would break or if contractions would start.

Additional physical ailments at 38 weeks:

The baby seems to have settled lower, so there is a lot more pressure in the pelvic area, not to mention more stress on the bladder. The ligament pain has increased--yesterday, I could hardly hobble around the house and turning over in bed has gotten really difficult. I don't know that I will be at the gym again, and with the weather so cold, that leaves me confined to the house for the most part. I feel so so big. I am carrying the baby straight out this time around--my belly looks like a big basketball.



No comments: