Saturday, February 23, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me


My birthday is in December, and for a gift, I told AJ that I wanted him to fix up my blog so that from the front page, a reader would only see part of the post, and then could click "read more" for the full post. He spent a good bit of time on it in late December, but wasn't quite successful. Last night, some html code was gunking things up, so he took a second look, found some better directions, and voila! There it was. Thanks hon! Only two months late, but I don't mind.

Now I need to look around and find some other ways to prettify my blog.

6 comments:

andalucy said...

It's your birthday?! I did not know!!

Happy birthday! (I wish that baby had come today. Now that would have been a nice present.)

Belle said...

No, my birthday is in Dec. I asked AJ to fix a couple of things on my blog for my birthday, and just yesterday, one got fixed. Two months late--not too bad. I give him credit for spending quite a bit of time right after my birthday working on it, but without success.

Belle said...

Ok, so my post was clearly confusing--another reader I didn't know was reading my blog called to wish my happy birthday. It's not my birthday today, but only the day that my birthday present was finished, promised to me by AJ in December, the time of my actual birthday.

I've made a small edit to the original post to make this all clearer!

andalucy said...

No wonder I was confused by that. I kept thinking, "Didn't I already read about her birthday on her blog?" But I thought I must have remembered wrong.

BertvU said...

You didn't know I was reading the blog? You sent me the link after the minnesota caucuses. I read it every day.

Belle said...

Hey Green Peace. Love the screen name. Telling you about my blog was a bit of a throw away at the end of our g-chat, and when someone doesn't leave comments, I am never sure if anyone's really reading. I was happy when Maria left her first comment a while ago.