Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Rainy Day

After an excellent first day, both T and I were exhausted on Saturday. For some reason, I was awake early that morning from 2 am-5 am. I'm not sure if it was the jetlag or the pregnancy induced insomnia I have occasionally experienced, but I didn't get out of bed until 10. With T, it was more like 11:30. After we finally got out of the house around 1:30, we drove over to the post so that T could get a soccer ball to play with at the park at the piazza. By the time we were done there, it was pouring rain. A heavy downpour. We waited a while to see if it would let up and then finally TF ran out for the car and we jumped in. We had planned to go to the Renaissance Festival in Thiene, but decided to postpone the trip. Good choice, because the rain didn't let up all afternoon. We ended up driving back into Vicenza the long way because of multiple detours due to the soccer game there. I guess there is no calling off an Italian soccer match. But, I got to see the outskirts of the town, and one of Andrea Palladio's (famous Renaissance architect son of Vicenza) most well known villas, which has been copied many times over.

We relaxed the rest of the day. I took a small nap in the late afternoon, and then we booted up the computer to listen to the first session of General Conference, at 6 pm.

Oh, and one thing I did in the middle of the night, as well as the previous and next day? About 10 NYT crossword puzzles from TF's "Solvable" collection.

No comments: