Thursday, October 18, 2007

Nove and Marostica

On Monday in the late morning, we made a trip over to Nove to look at the ceramics. TF took T to the zoo and playground in the area, and C and I went over to the ceramics stores. The warehouse type store is piled high with ceramics of all varieties, and I kept envisioning T running through the aisles. Happily, he was otherwise engaged. I picked up a couple of platters for gifts that I needed to give, plus a huge mosaic platter of Florence that I will put in our front room. Unfortunately, they did not have all of the colors of the chicken plates I wanted to get my mom for Christmas. I think we will go back on Monday so I can pick those up before we leave.


Then, we went over to Marostica for some lunch. T was very cranky, very contrary, but after eating, he seemed to be doing better. Marostica also has a city wall, but is unique because the wall was built up a steep hill with a castle at the top. You can see the wall in this photo. Not the best shot of the main piazza--there seemed to be cranes all over Italy. T had a great time swinging his sword around in front of the castle at the base of the hill too.

No comments: