Monday, September 08, 2008

Mind Boggling



My latest obsession is Boggle. I hadn't played in years, and then when we were on vacation, I played with AJ's parents and my sis and her hubby. AJ's parents had a really cool travel set. It has a nice soft sided zipper case and electronic timer. And instead of the old school brown plastic case for the letters, there is a prettier light blue one. And when you shake the letters, the sound isn't as loud and jarring. Ha! Funny that all the asthetics impacted me so much.

Anyway, I got Boggle for us. I knew AJ would like it because he's a big fan of word games. He was dubious at first, but then warmed up to it and we've had a great time playing it. It stored under the bed, so we can play a few rounds whenever. With only three minutes to find words, you don't have to make a big time committment to play. Like last night. We played one round and then AJ had to go to bed in order to get up for seminary. More often, though, it's "just one more game."

The best rounds are when the words come popping out of the board at you. And you can keep writing almost non-stop until the buzzer rings.

I haven't gotten any seven- or eight-letter words yet. But, AJ scored the coup of all our playing with RAWHIDE and RAWHIDES. For a total of 17 points. I had no idea eight letter words were worth 11 points.


No comments: