Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Republican Craziness

It wasn't until 9 pm our time that I remembered to check for the Michigan returns. I turned on CNN and was first stunned, and then so amused, that Romney had won the primary there. We watched their coverage with the "best political team on television" for a while, but my main reaction was laughter in disbelief. I thought that Mitt was going to be done after Michigan. Now, we have had three races, and three winners. The Republican field is still wide open. No front runner, no coalescing around any candidate. Really, anything can happen.

I would love to see the craziness continue for a while longer. Let's have Huckabee win in S Carolina with a good showing from Thompson. And how about Guiliani in Florida? Then, every card is up in the air on Feb 5.

I would prefer not to see McCain win the Republican nomination, because I think he would be the hardest to beat. And I am ready to have the Dems back in the White House.

And I am really interested in seeing Obama as the D nominee because I like him as a candidate, but also because I think he will be more electable than HRC. I don't want all the vitriol against her to fuel voting for a Republican. And I am leery of extending political legacy for another 4 to 8 years. Plus, I just don't have an emotional connection with her like I do with Obama.

I listened to part of Mitt's speech last night and yuck. I didn't like it at all. And the change in his message for the Michiganites? It sounded like he was running for state legislature. "We'll protect the auto industry" and "we'll save your jobs from getting exported". Really?? Who believes that?


1 comment:

Andy said...

We should seriously donate to Giuliani's campaign just to try and screw up the Republicans even more.