Tuesday, December 22, 2009

This is what won't be in your mailbox

For some reason, AJ said no to this version of our annual Christmas letter.

Humdrum.
Normal.
Commonplace.
Mundane.
Run-of-the-Mill.
Settled.
Typical.
Unexceptional.

That's our year. No one is doing much of anything new.

MJ--still in Spanish immersion school, now in 3rd grade. The only family event of note--her baptism in November.

T--still in preschool. Curses to September birthdays.

Z--coming up on 2 and is starting to talk.

AJ and Belle--approaching middle age with trepidation and some resentment.

Just more of the same.

Laughing, quarrelling. Working, playing.
Reading, and always more messes.
Eating, sleeping and praying.

Please, just don't call us
Conventional.


So, he got to be in charge of the letter this year.

10 comments:

Mad Hadder said...

I wouldn't try to top that for anything, Andy, but it's your life.

Margo said...

This made me chuckle. I think about your conventional post quite often! Don't plan on much excitement from our Christmas letter. Or maybe even a letter if I am too overwhelmed to conjure up something remotely interesting : ) Merry Christmas!

Belle said...

Yeah, I thought it was pretty good, but I guess he thought it was too much of a downer for Christmastime.

Markie said...

I like it!

Brooke said...

It reads just like the first draft of MY Christmas letter! Absolutely nothing interesting of note happened to me this year -- and really, isn't that just splendid?

Belle said...

Brooke--you finished a draft of a book! That is something amazing.

My year, unfortunately, didn't feel splendid. I think Andy was trying to purge our Christmas greetings of some bitterness!

Jen said...

For us this year, no news was good news. No layoffs, no moves, no school changes, no crazy family drama or divorce.

Maybe my expectations are too low? I liked your approach, your honesty. A good alternative to the "everything in our lives is perfect and we are an amazing family" Christmas letter.

文章 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
珍珠奶茶Eason said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
日月神教-向左使 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.