Sunday, December 13, 2009

Best news

I arrived to church a little off. After AJ had to leave earlier than expected, and baby Z was inconsolably cranky because daddy left, and then when T and baby Z were taking their bath (didn't have time last night because of the ward Christmas party), Z dumped bucket after bucket of water on the floor and I couldn't find his shirt, I fell apart. Not entirely, but enough to come to church frazzled.

But, right before I started playing prelude music, a dear friend gave me the wonderful news that after going through years of infertility and trying to adopt, they had a baby. At first I misunderstood. "When are you going to be able to get him?" No, they already had a baby. They had been laying low in case the birth mother were to change her mind. Then I sat down and tried to blink away the tears so I could play Away in a Manger. Finding out totally changed my mood and really made my day.

What a beautiful Christmas blessing. I am so happy for them and can't wait to meet him.

4 comments:

Mad Hadder said...

I teared up here as well. I was immediately reminded of Spencer Nuzman. Hooray for adoptions!!!!! They are among some of the happiest of happy events. Giggling at the "bucket brigade..."

Ed said...

If it's who I think it is, that is fantastic news! Congrats to them.

Belle said...

Oh, Spencer. Wow--he must be about 10 by now.

Ed, I don't think that you know them. They are a family in our ward here.

Ed said...

I stand corrected. The sentiment, however, stands. :-) Lovely story.