Sunday, May 15, 2011

I want a relaxing weekend!

May is a crappy month for Mother's Day. There is too much end of the school year stuff going on to really be able to relax. I think I would prefer the third Sunday in June. Why did they pick May anyway? So we could all wear our spring hats?

We have been going full speed ahead for a while now and I don't feel at all ready for another week to start. This is a summary of our last 8 days.

  • The day before Mother's Day: Dance Recital, two performances. All in all, the total time committed there was from 2 pm until 10 pm
  • Several soccer practices/games.
  • Soccer pictures.
  • Belt testing for karate.
  • Karate tournament.
  • School dance festival.
  • Piano recital.
  • Stake Relief Society meeting.
  • AJ out of town for two days.
  • And then there's just the normal: work, homework, practicing, feeding, clothing, and church stuff.
I'd better go do something relaxing right now so I don't simmer with resentment all week.

5 comments:

Margo said...

I hear ya. Only I have severely curtailed activities to save my sanity and now feel intense guilt. Goodonya as they'd say here : )

Belle said...

Margo--This time of the year is the worst--soccer has started up but dance hasn't ended, there are end of the year performances and activities, etc. It's always the craziest time of the year. I think that yesterday was our last big thing and that going forward, we'll be a lot calmer. Though this weekend, we do have the father-son campout and the mother-daughter activity, but don't even get me started on that.

And yes, goodonya! (Love that)

Maryanne said...

Yeah, it has seemed crazy here and the only extracurriculars right now are A- cub scouts (which I could complain about at length every week, mainly b/c they meet at 5:45) and C-Gymnastics (which happens once a week when the older kids are at school). I'm hoping our father/sons campout isn't cancelled (it's supposed to rain like crazy)this weekend, b/c girls under 8 are also invited, so jared was going to take all 4 kids. That would be heavenly.

Belle said...

Maryanne--I was just wondering how you are doing and how the moving plans are shaping up.

That would be so awesome to have Jared take all the kids camping. He should put it on his calendar a couple of more times this summer, don't you think? Zane just turned three, and I think Andy will take all the kids camping a couple of times this summer and I will bask in an empty house.

But, what's up with the father-son campout plus girls under 8? Do you have any idea how that evolved? I get, in theory, the father-son campout. Campfires, shooting off rockets, doing "manly" stuff. Socializing boys. But, the addition of the girls under a certain age to me is interesting. Of course, going on a campout is something most kids would like. But, why the age cut-off?

Brooke said...

Yeah, why the age cutoff for girls under 8? Or is 9 the age when girls go nuts and forget how to make a marshmallow toaster work?

That is one harrowing schedule, Belle. But can I admit that I secretly like it when life is crazy like that? I'd much prefer zipping around to different events than staying at home and staring at laundry. (No, not actually doing the laundry! Ha ha! Just staring.)