Friday, July 20, 2007

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and Predictions for Book 7

Well, in anticipation of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows coming out tomorrow, I reread book 6 to get my mind working and to prime my last final theories. JK Rowling is a master author and I love the Harry Potter books. I got choked up (again) when Dumbledore dies, and in particular when Fawkes sings his mourning farewell to his beloved master on the Hogwarts grounds. There were a few things that I noticed in rereading book 6.

1. Regulus Black is mentioned a few times in the early part of the book. I am convinced that RAB, who found the Slytherin locket that Voldemort made into a Horcrux, is Regulus Black. And my theory is that Regulus is still alive. When Dumbledore was trying to get Draco to turn from Voldemort's side, he said that they could protect Draco and his family. "We can hide you more completely than you can possibly imagine." This made me wonder if perhaps Regulus death has been faked so that Voldemort doesn't try to find him, but that he has been in hiding all these years, and that in book 7 we will see him revealed. Harry is an underage wizard. He has a lot going for him, but he won't be able to find the Horcruxes by himself, even though in the final pages of book 6 he laments his ultimate aloneness in the task in front of him. He will need the help of someone more than Ron and Hermione to destroy the Horcruxes and ultimately vanquish Voldemort. I think that this person will be Regulus.

2. Harry mentions Godric's Hollow as a possible starting place for his mission. This is where he parents were killed. I think that Voldemort managed to create a Horcrux with a connection to Gryffindor. Dumbledore insisted it wasn't the sword, but maybe the connection is about a location rather than an object. Godric's Hollow has to be connected to Gryffindor.

3. This insight wasn't from book 6, but from watching the movie of The Order of the Phoenix. When Sirius mentions that he ran away from home at age 16, he tells Harry that he went and stayed with James Potter and his family. Why is it that we haven't heard one single word about James Potter's family? We know that Petunia Dursley is Lily's sister, and that she came from a Muggle family, but what about James? I am betting that we will find something out about his family, if not someone.

4. DEATHS: I think Snape is good and will redeem himself by sacrificing his life to overthrow Voldemort. We will finally learn what made Dumbledore trust him all these years. I definitely think Snape will die in book 7, as of course, will Voldemort. I also think that one of the Weasley sons will die--either Fred, George, Bill, or Charlie, and that this will cause Percy to finally reconcile with his family. And I think that Neville will finally find his wizarding feet and will redeem his family by killing Bellatrix Lestrange,

5. I think that Harry and Ginny will get back together, and so will Ron and Hermione. I am also thinking that perhaps Luna and Neville will too. I love Luna so much more after seeing her in The Order of the Phoenix.

No comments: