Thursday, March 24, 2011

Still Winter

After a warm-up, with lots of rain, yesterday and today provided us another blast of winter. It snowed another 6 inches--that awful heavy, slushy snow, and there are giant slushy puddles everywhere. Though, with the overnight temps well below zero, they are frozen puddles. I got stuck in the parking lot at work, and our front steps still need to be shoveled out.

To take my mind off of spring in Minnesota, I am thinking about our spring break trip to Mexico City next week. Just me, Andy, and MJ. The boys get to stay behind with their grandma. It's not the beach, but temperatures have been in the 70's there.

3 comments:

BertvU said...

I'm really jealous that you get to go to Mexico. I'm also sad that you and your husband can't come see Wait Wait with us live and in person.

You guys have fun though!

Maryanne said...

That's great that you have a warm trip to look forward to! Next year I am definitely going to plan some warm excursion in Feb or March-- I think it will help us get through the long cold and gray. We're expecting snow here over the next few days. here's hoping yours and ours melts quickly!

Belle said...

Bert--it would be so fun to come to Chicago to see you guys. Have fun! I hope it's a little springy for you.

Maryanne, before we moved to Minnesota, we talked about how we would go somewhere warm every winter. I don't think we've ever managed it though! We need to get outta this place and head for warmer grounds. I hope this won't be our permanent residence.