Thursday, May 29, 2008

Lost Season Finale

Oooh! It's here. The Lost finale, season 4. We'll get to find out what the heck "frozen donkey wheel" is and what it means that Locke is going to move the island. To extend the joy more fully, we are having sushi for dinner and bananas foster on the grill. I just hope the kids will go to bed both easily and quickly. Nothing worse than having to pause through the whole first hour to attend to a kid yelling down the stairs.

I don't have many predictions for tonight. Who is in the coffin? My best guess of late is Ben, but I don't really like it and don't feel convinced.

The one thing I am desperately hoping will not happen: Desmond's death. My favorite episode of the season was The Constant, which we watched the night before baby Z was born. In it, we finally got a feel good moment where Desmond and Penny get a chance to talk to each other so that Desmond can connect the two parts of himself that exist 10 years apart. When I saw him on the freighter, loaded with explosives, I worried that The Constant was the only resolution we would get to Penny and Desmond's story. Please, don't let it be so! I love Desmond.

I wouldn't feel as bad if Jin died, but I am still holding out hope that the grave was just a ruse.


1 comment:

BertvU said...

I feel really stupid for putting this, but, there are spoilers beneith. Read at your own risk.

Sorry we couldn't watch it with you. Did AJ solve any riddles in this one?

I think the thing that surprised me most was the Desmond/Penny reunion. I just didn't see that coming at all. I wonder how that will end up playing out with Ben's plot to kill her as revenge.

I also love how awesome Sun has turned out to be. Now she's going to be in cahoots with Widmore AWESOME!