Thursday, June 28, 2007

Getting to Breckenridge and the Sweet Mountain Home

Sunday: The kids sleep in a little bit, but I wake up at 6:15 thinking it’s 8. No clock on the side table in our room. I get to read a lot of 4 Zinas and decide I need my own copy. What a great book! We putz around the house and the kids take a bath. I decide not to take T to church so that he can get a nap before we go up to the mountains. Everyone leaves for church a little before 1 and T goes to sleep. I then go out to the three-season deck and start Three Cups of Tea so that I will be ready to discuss it for the F book group. I sip a diet coke while reading. So lovely. After church, we have dinner and get ready to go. We load the van with all our stuff plus the Costco goods and leave around 7 for Breckenridge. We get there by 8:30 or so, and wow—the Sweet Mountain House is amazing. It’s CC’s sister’s house. They’ve had it for about 2 years now, but it’s beautiful, huge, and isolated in the mountains. We unpack and get the kids into bed. We are sleeping downstairs in a great room with two deliciously comfortable queen beds, our own bathroom, but also right next to the bathroom with the steam room.

No comments: