Friday, June 29, 2007

Blue Moose and SHAKE!

Thursday: The F ladies all go into town to eat breakfast at the Blue Moose and to discuss Three Cups of Tea. We had a great time selecting the book by email 6 weeks ago. We all suggested books, and then worked to winnow the list to one. This book was K’s suggestion. It is a fun outing, and I prefer this to the shopping that follows. Not that I hated it, I just got tired and wanted to leave sooner than we did. We did pick up Breckenridge t-shirts for the whole clan for family photos later in the week.


On the way back to the Sweet Mountain House, we stop by the grocery store so I can get food for our dinner. We make pork chops with adobo spice paste, our potatoes packets on the grill, and yummy grilled vegetables. It is a big hit. We follow up with the banana packets on the grill. I love doing a full grilled meal.

I think Thursday was the Rook breakthrough too. We had been playing Rook all week, and each time, with each partner, I lost. Time and time again. In probably 20 hands, I was dealt the Rook once. I was having some terrible luck, and was getting agitated about it. This time, I was partners with AJ and playing against C and E. After a few lousy hands (the first being the worst where we got set and they got 95 points!), I had a temper tantrum, complaining about my crappy luck and saying that I was going to keep on playing until my luck changed. Almost immediately, things changed, and I got dealt the Rook 4 out of 8 hands, I think. We ended up winning after an awful start. I didn’t play Rook again that week.

That evening, we all thoroughly enjoy a dance showed, billed as Shake! by MJF. MJ and W have selected the perfect music for a costume completely covered in fringe. I can’t believe her moves and am in tears from laughing so hard. Luckily, Em gets some video on her camera—not the best quality, but at least some documentation. T also joins in the fun with a pink shiny metallic shirt and some pink velvety pants, complete with a green furry hat. This goes perfectly with his break dancing moves and high kicks. They do a number together, then T and finally MJ get a solo. There is a small meltdown at the end when T tries to horn in on MJ’s solo, but AJ does a great job helping her calm down.

No comments: