Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Harry Potter 7 Predictions

To get my brain working about Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (only 53 more days!), I checked out Mugglenet.com's What Will Happen in Harry Potter 7 based on a recommendation from a blog. Mugglenet.com is a HP fan site which was started in 1999 by a 12 year old homeschooled kid. It has grown into a big site, and a bunch of them (5!) decided to write a book with their predictions. It was decently written, with all the big issues covered, and evidence to support their theories clearly delineated by topic. It was a fun read, and I am eager to get my hands on this final volume. Yesterday, when I was at Barnes and Noble ogling the Lost dvds, I pre-registered for HP so that I can pick it up at 12:01 am on July 21st, or go in first thing that morning.

So, I am going to jot down a few of my predictions:

1. Snape is loyal to the Order of the Phoenix. After the death of Dumbledore, his cover is complete and his is in deep with the Death Eaters and Voldemort. But, he will redeem himself and be instrumental in Voldemort's downfall.

2. One of the Weasley boys will be killed. This will cause Percy to reconcile with his family.

3. We're going to get some information about Harry's parents' families. Mugglenet talks about how important Lily's eyes will be. They also theorize that Snape was in love with Lily. Harry, we have learned several times, looks just like his father, except that he has his mother's eyes. Maybe this will trigger some kind of response in Snape? Looking at Harry, he will remember Lily?

4. Peter Pettigrew aka Wormtail will save Harry's life in someway. Harry once saved his life by persuading Sirium and Lupin from not killing him. This will come back to help Harry in book 7.

These are sparse theories. I plan on reading books 5 & 6 before 7 comes out to remember all the details and to connect the threads.

No comments: