Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Book list

The last little while my list of books to read in the near future has grown.

I am still in the midst of Divided by God: America's Church-State Problem--and What We Should Do About it. It is slow reading for me, with my very limited legal knowledge. I just got to a chapter on schools and religion and that is a little more familiar territory for me.

Wild Swans: Three Daughters of China is the selection for my ward's June book group. I have read it before, but it's been a while, and since I suggested it, I feel like I need to read it throughly.

We are going to Denver in June for a gathering with AJ's family. Happily, his mom and sisters all love to read, so we are going to do a lunch together and discuss Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace...One School at a Time. And so the guys don't feel left out, we are adding The Alchemist for a completely inclusive (at least for adults, that is) discussion.

And then, in a very happy turn for my summer, a friend and I are putting together a reading list to work on Mormon women's history. We are starting with Mormon Enigma: Emma Hale Smith and Women of Covenant: The Story of Relief Society.

Oh, and I can't forget The Price of Motherhood. FMH just announced that they lined up the author Ann Crittenden to discuss the book online with them. I read this a few years ago, and loved it. Although it made me so so mad. But, I'd like to reread it.

I'll be posting notes as I go. But, can I just say, I love books!!!

No comments: